Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Whole 60 Challenge: Katie Wojno Lancianese










Total  Body Fat Lost: 0%
Gained .9 in lean weight
READ MORE




After going through an incredibly fulfilling Whole 30 program back in February, I was excited to see what type of changes I could make when being fully committed to this program for 60 days.  I had a goal to lose enough body fat to show a 6-pack by the end of the timeframe.

Unfortunately, I did not follow though strictly on the food.  While I was good most of the time, I allowed the distractions of two weddings and two deaths in the family to encourage poor food choices.  I saw amazing results in 30 days with the program, so know that if I would have stayed within the Whole30 protocol, I could have been a lean, mean, super hero mom by the end of the 60 days.

On the positive side, I do feel as if I was able to benefit from many of the same health benefits while dealing with the program in a sustainable fashion (i.e. not having to hyper-inspect every bite that I put into my mouth).  I feel like I’ve found a way of eating that will last a lifetime and will get me away from many poor food choices.  The main benefit of this program has allowed me to experience first-hand the good fuel in = good output.  I never realized exactly how much poor food choices affected my mood, workouts, and energy levels until I cut them out.

While I didn’t quite get the results I was looking for (the “after” picture does have some more definition to the abs, although nothing near the 6-pack I was gunning for), I’m glad that I had a chance to participate in this challenge.  I am not a super hero, but I have found a way to eat that’s sustainable and will provide health benefits to me for a lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment