Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whole 30 Challenge: Wes Laney





"Whole9 is a community focused on health, fitness, balance and sanity, all built on a foundation of real food and healthy nutritional habits." (Whole 9 website) CrossFit Akron athletes put their bodies to the test for 30 days. We've had nothing but success. Here are the stories to prove it.  Please vote at the top of the page for the winner.




overall results: 4.3% lost in body fat




Essay:
The challenge was good for my family.  For me, the challenge gave an opportunity to jump start on paleo.  My family is eating paleo dinners, and my wife is becoming more of a fan every day.  We’re learning new recipes and are gradually transitioning old favorites to paleo.  I enjoy the wholesomeness of the meals and literally have no “bad” cravings; it’s easy to stick with it.
Pre-challenge, I didn’t eat enough fat and didn’t really know what to eat to optimize training.  Today, I’m way up on training volume, feeling better, and understand how to eat to improve as an athlete.  In short, if I ate the way I was pre-challenge, I wouldn’t be capable of the training volume I’m doing today.
216lbs. to 210 lbs.
14.7% bf to 8.7% bf

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see people connecting their nutrition plan with their training. We want you to fuel your performance and succeed in the gym - and it sounds like you have done just that with the Whole30 and CFA. Congrats on your success!

    Best,
    Melissa & Dallas
    Whole9

    ReplyDelete